Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Nathan Ham's Concise Doctrinal Statement


In the confusing, devil-inspired mess of systematic theologies, doctrinal systems, interpretations, and denominationalism, it becomes necessary to define my Biblical understanding by man-made terms.  This is my concise doctrinal statement:


I am premillenial, dispensational, non-pentecostal, non-calvinist, non-armenian, anti-catholic, and I hold to the Baptist distinctives.  I believe that in the English language God has preserved for us an infallible, inspired Bible known as the Authorized Version.  This Bible is my sole authority for all matters of faith and practice.  Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.  I reject all tradition that contradicts the Scriptures or exalts itself above the name of Jesus Christ.  The primary function of the church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ among all nations for the praise and glory of God.  Biblical preaching and teaching should include exposition, apologetics, and relevancy for cultural issues to give Christians a passion for knowing God deeper.  The pastor should train young men for the ministry.  Above all else, I stand on the Word of God as my final authority and Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.

No comments: