Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Why Must I Be Still?

Psalm 46:10, "Be still, and know that I am God..."


Why must I be still, when life around me rages?
Why must I be still, when the God of all the ages
Has left me poor and needy,
Miserable and weepy?!
Why must I be still?


Why must I be still, when my heart is pounding?
Why must I be still, when fears are surrounding?
Suffering and stress;
Why won't God bless?!
Why must I be still?


Why must I be still, when my thoughts are racing?
Why must I be still, when stress has me pacing?
Doubts and fears assail;
Why can't God prevail?!
Why must I be still?


Why must I be still, when my heart is breaking?
Why must I be still, when my head is hurting?
Is God even there?
Why won't He care?!
Why must I be still?


Why must I be still, when others seem so blessed?
Why must I be still, when anguish grips my chest?
"Life is so unfair!",
I cry out with despair.
Why must I be still?


Why must I be still, when something must be done?
Why must I be still, while God has nothing done?
I sit there for a minute,
But still I don't see it!
Why must I be still?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I consider the verse,
And realize my curse.
Sin has me blind,
I think wrong in my mind.
The answer is this,
God's truth I have missed.

Psalm 46:10 (this time the whole verse) "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Be still and know that God is good,
His truth always misunderstood.
God's grace is strong, His comfort near.
The storms may rage and hearts a-fear.
But know this thought from God's own book,
God's glory cannot be forsook.


Life has and always will be about God, and God alone.

1 comment:

Greg Perry Sr said...

Bro.Nathan, Allow me to introduce myself...I am Greg Perry Sr. and I live in Pickens,SC and my wife Vicki and I attend Blue Ridge View Baptist Church. I got saved in Greenville in the mid 70's and have had many ups and downs in my Christian walk since then. Your most recent post would seem to me to illustrate the constant tug-of-war that goes on between the old and new natures in the believer. I am well familiar with it. I look forward to fellowshipping with you in the coming years on-line. Vicki and I have been up to visit your dad's wonderful ministry work at the Creation Museum and after looking over your church's website and your blog I would also add that if we make the return visit we hope to in the future I can say(with your high view of scripture) (KJV)I would love to visit Harvest and hear you preach/teach in person. I have noticed your comments in earlier blog posts here regarding Bro.James Knox and I must agree...he is arguably one of the very best Bible teachers of our day. God Bless You my brother. Feel free to email me anytime. I would certainly enjoy the conversation.
Bro.Greg Perry Sr.